If you’re not using our AO+ Restorative Mist, you’re definitely mist-ing out. From clinical results to reviews from real Mother Dirt customers, here are the top 10 reasons why you need to add this patented product to your skincare routine.
1. It’s the hero of our Active Probiotic System
As the hero product of our Active Probiotic System, all of our supporting products (such as our cleanser, serum, body wash, shampoo, and deodorant) act as a primer for our AO+ Restorative Mist, allowing you to experience the full benefits of our Active Probiotic System.
2. Clinical results & benefits
It’s no secret that, as the first product of its kind, our AO+ Restorative Mist boasts a ton of benefits you won’t find anywhere else. Here are just some of the great benefits of using our AO+ Restorative Mist:
- Clinically proven to show improvement in skin clarity, tone and smoothness in 30 days
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Combats blemish-causing bacteria
- Improves the appearance of problem skin
- Hydrates the skin
- Smoothes the skin
- Helps restore and rebalance the skin microbiome
- Restores essential bacteria lost to modern hygiene
- Refreshes the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Balances pH in the acid mantle
3. It’s made with four simple, naturally-derived ingredients
That’s right. Our AO+ Restorative Mist is formulated with just four ingredients: water, nitrosomonas eutropha (also known as Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria, or AOB), disodium phosphate, and magnesium chloride (salt). You can learn more about them in our ingredients glossary.
4. It contains a patented live culture
Setting it apart from any other product on the market, the patented ingredient in our AO+ Restorative Mist, live AOB, interacts with elements naturally found on your skin and in sweat to produce two powerful byproducts - Nitrite and Nitric Oxide - that are essential to a balanced skin microbiome.
5. Dermatologists recommend it
Even dermatologists can’t get enough of our AO+ Restorative Mist. Dr. Jessica Krant, a board-certified dermatologist with over 20 years experience, says she would “highly recommend the mist” and raves that the “AO+ Restorative Mist is unlike any other skincare product on the market today.”
Celebrity dermatologist Dr. Whitney Bowe is a fan of the mist as well. “[Mother Dirt] has found a way to find these bacteria that no longer exist on our skin," she explained. "Through our very hygienic practices over the years, we've killed off these good bugs."
6. Designed for all skin types
Restoring your skin microbiome with probiotics, like the live and active culture found inside our mist, translates into healthier, glowing skin and a clearer complexion, no matter your skin type. So whether you’re dry, oily, sensitive, or acne-prone, you’ll see the same incredible results -- skin that appears healthy, vibrant and clear.
7. Our customers can’t stop raving about it
Don’t just take it from us -- Mother Dirt customers are seeing real results with our AO+ Restorative Mist. Here’s what some of them they had to say about it:
- “I’ve tried all sorts of different products to help with my sensitive, red skin. After just a few days of using Mother Dirt, my skin was SO much more clear and smooth. I’m a few weeks in now and the results are just amazing. I will be buying again and again!” - Shannon S.
- “This mist is really a game changer for my face and body.” - Lynn L.
- “Can't argue against results!” - Brett D.
- "I love this product to help with my sensitive skin. Since using the product, my face has been clearer and I have fewer clogged pores." - Niki S.
- "Friends have told me I look younger than my real age." - Bruce H.
- "Does absolutely everything it claims. Within the first two days my skin was noticeably more hydrated, brighter, less red and less congested. So worth it." - Emma B.
- "I will use this mist forever!! My skin is healthier than it has been since I was a child (and I'm now in my 60s)." - Kim A.
8. Top media outlets love it
Featured in the New York Times, Byrdie, Cosmopolitan, and more, our AO+ Restorative Mist is certainly an editor favorite. Here’s what they’re saying:
“My skin began to change for the better. It actually became softer and smoother, rather than dry and flaky, as though a sauna's worth of humidity had penetrated my winter-hardened shell.”
“In other words, it's like skincare for the lazy girl - the bacteria does all the work for you, including improving the texture and appearance of skin peppered with sensitivity, blotchiness, dryness, oiliness, and even making body odour less apparent.”
“You've probably heard of probiotic skincare, aimed to regulate the ‘good’ bacteria on the skin's surface in order to balance skin and reduce breakouts. But Mother Dirt has taken it one step further and captured an actual live bacteria and bottled it up for us to spritz on to our faces in the AO+ Restorative Mist.”
“The results are seriously impressive: it rebalances, reduces flare ups and gets your skin back in the swing of successfully self-regulating sebum and moisture levels.”
"This body spray contains water, salt, and live ‘ammonia-oxidizing bacteria’ which settle into the skin to fend off bad bacteria, while also preserving skin’s healthy pH balance."
"It uses active probiotics to combat blemish-causing bacteria and produce radiant, healthier-looking skin, which means you can wear less makeup during the summer. It’s also designed for all skin types, so you don’t have to sift through endless products to find the one that works for you."
"Perfect for blemish-prone skin, the Mother Dirt AO+ Restorative Mist wraps a clarifying and bacteria-killing veil of probiotics over your skin to treat, reduce and prevent breakouts. Its balancing formula is great for sensitive skin types as well as it helps lock in moisture and strengthens your skin barrier, which also helps keep acne at bay whether it’s on your face or body."
9. It’s TSA-compliant
Did you know that aircraft cabin humidity is frequently between a very low 5 to 10 percent relative humidity? Coming in at 3.4 fl oz, our AO+ Restorative Mist is the perfect size for carry-on, makes for the perfect mid-flight pick-me-up for your skin.
10. Certified vegan and cruelty-free
Here at Mother Dirt we love animals and are proud to say that we are a part of PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies program. All of our products, including the AO+ Restorative Mist, are certified vegan and cruelty-free, so you can rest assured that our entire line is kind to your furry friends -- and your microbiome.
Ready to try our AO+ Restorative Mist for yourself? Buy one today.