When it comes to skincare, people will search far and wide for a remedy that works for them. Often, this leads to harsh chemicals and ingredients being applied to the skin to clear acne or help with rejuvenation.
But sometimes, the answer to beauty products that work comes from nature itself. There are thousands of all-natural ingredients that come from fruits, nuts, and leaves that can be beneficial for moisturizing and reducing irritation.
Apricot kernel oil is one of these ingredients that's become quite popular today for many skincare brands. Let's take a look at some of the benefits of apricot kernel oil for the skin.
What Is Apricot Kernel Oil?
Apricot kernel oil comes from the pit of apricot fruit. The oil can be extracted from the pit and used in various ways by using a cold press. The oil itself has an aromatic and nutty flavor, making it popular for cooking with.
There are high amounts of vitamin K and vitamin E in apricot kernel oil and antioxidants that contribute to the health benefits that the oil is known for. It's often used in aromatherapy and is excellent for sensitive skin. It's an emollient oil, so it's excellent for lotions, hair care, and skincare.
Apricot kernels have an oil content of 40-50%. Rich in antioxidant-rich emollients that hydrate, protect the skin against free radicals, and keep the skin calm. It's also rich in anti-inflammatory properties and oleic acid, which can help lock in moisture.
Benefits Of Apricot Oil for the Skin
Many benefits of apricot kernel oil can be taken advantage of today. Used in many skin care products and often blended with other carrier oils, Apricot kernel oil is rich in linoleic acid and fatty acids, with many skin benefits. Here are some of the most common things it is used for in various products:
- Moisturizing - When the oil is applied to your skin, it helps the skin retain moisture and reduces dry patches. This can help with skin conditions like psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema.
- Helps with blemishes - Apricot oil can help to reduce irritation in the skin on problem areas and prevent sebum from building up in your glands. This helps to treat both the symptoms of acne and the underlying cause.
- Strengthening hair - People use this oil on their hair and scalp to help with weak hair strands. It promotes healthy hair follicles and soothes the scalp.
- Reduces oxidative stress - This oil on the skin can help with premature aging and wrinkles. The antioxidants in apricot kernel oil tone and tighten the skin to reduce age spots. Apricot kernel oil can help slow down the signs of aging and skin cell damage, which is why it's often used in anti-aging products.
Uses Of Apricot Kernel Oil
There are many ways to use apricot kernel oil in your daily routine to improve your life. Here are some of the most common uses:
- Topical use - you can apply apricot kernel oil on your temples to help with headaches, as well as on sore joints for muscle inflammation relief.
- Cosmetics - This oil is often found in natural skin care brands and can positively influence the health of your face and the rest of your body.
- Hair mask - You can also use this oil as a hair mask by applying it to your scalp for healthy hair growth.
Mother Dirt Products With Apricot Kernel Oil
The potential of natural skincare is limitless. Apricot kernel oil is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to utilizing ingredients from nature to improve your skin's health. At Mother Dirt, we're all about using naturally derived ingredients and powerful probiotics to restore and maintain the skin microbiome.
We use almond oil, squalane, and apricot kernel oil to replenish and nourish skin naturally. We also take advantage of the good bacteria that your skin needs to stay looking its best. Our mission is to restore your skin's microbiome with probiotics to repair the imbalance caused by traditional beauty products. This will help reveal your skin at its most biologically balanced and vibrant.
Our Postbiotic Moisturizing Body Oil intensely moisturizes, leaving your skin feeling super soft, with a radiant glow. It contains apricot kernel oil and squalane to replenish dry skin with a blend of postbiotics. It's dermatologist tested and suitable for sensitive skin.
Mother Dirt's Postbiotic Revitalizing Body Wash, which gently cleanses skins without stripping, also contains apricot kernel oil. Additionally, we included lemongrass oil to leave your skin with a refreshing, natural scent. This body wash is made with a blend of mild and naturally derived ingredients like coconut extract. It's sulfate-free, paraben-free and clinically tested.
All of our ingredients are listed on our site for full transparency. We do our best to explain why we include each ingredient and where it comes from. We want to restore your relationship with your skin so that it's as strong and healthy as it can be.
Remember that apricot kernel oil can be mildly comedogenic, so people with acne-prone skin might have issues incorporating it into their routine. However, on a comedogenic scale, apricot kernel oil is a level 2, 5 being the highest comedogenic level. For all your skincare needs, look at our products and see the different essential oils we work with. Apricot kernel oil can be the ingredient your routine is missing.