No. The Nitrosomonas bacteria used in the AO+ Mist cannot cause an infection or other kind of harm.
We understand that the notion of a “harmless bacteria” might be a bit tough to wrap your head around, but follow us here for a minute: Ammonia-Oxidizing-Bacteria have been well studied for many decades. In all the studies, there has never been a report of a human infection or adverse reaction.
How is this possible? Well it has to do with how our Nitrosomonas work. They completely lack pathogenicity (infection causing) factors. Pathogenic microorganisms are ones that are able to produce a disease in a host organism typically through toxins. We know that Nitrosomonas do not produce toxic byproducts. Furthermore, they consume ammonia (vs. carbon, the energy source of choice for pathogenic microorganisms) and are highly self-regulating because they depend completely on the sweat that you produce.